I don’t know if any of you have tried out FinladX, but I wanted to pay my respect to Janne Sinkkonen and Tatu Kantomaa who made this incredible scenery!
- Custom landclass based on official Finnish Gouvernment data;
- Custom LOD 9 mesh based on Jonathan de Ferranti amazing data collection;
- Custom autogen to make buildings look more Finnish;
- Custom landclass textures of amazing quality for the wilderness areas;
- Custom iced lakes and iced sea shores;
- Custom seasonal changes for different parts of the country;
- Custom rivers, streams, lakes, roads, powerlines, coastlines and railroads.
But that’s not the most amazing part: The landclass is all custom built using automated polygons from official data, hence giving a much more accurate and realistic landclass coverage than the default grid system of FSX can handle. Not only that, but it comes with a super easy installer and changes to textures, autogen etc. only affects Finland and won’t screw up any other part of the FSX scenery. There is no need for texture/seasonal switchers, control panels or centrals. These guys are in a league of their own, and better than most payware developers.
So if you ever want to fly to Finland in FSX go check it out. There is nothing comparable out there (that I know of): http://files.fsnordic.net/?download=2245